Humanitarian residence permit is regulated in Articles 46 and 47 of the Law on Foreigners and International Protection No. 6458. In addition, humanitarian residence permit is regulated in Article 44 of the Regulation on the Implementation of the Law on Foreigners and International Protection.
Who are the foreigners who can be issued a Humanitarian Residence Permit?
- When it comes to the best interests of the child,
- When the foreigners cannot be made to leave Turkey or it is not considered reasonable or possible for them to leave Turkey, despite the decision to deport them or ban them from entering Turkey,
- When a deportation decision is not taken for the foreigner in accordance with Article 55 of the Law,
- When applying to the judiciary against the actions taken pursuant to Articles 53, 72 and 77 of the Law,
- During the continuation of the applicant’s return to the first country of asylum or a safe third country,
- When foreigners, who are required to be allowed to enter and stay in Turkey for urgent reasons or for the protection of the country’s interests, public order and public security, are not able to obtain one of the other residence permits due to their situation that hinders the granting of a residence permit
- In extraordinary circumstances, humanitarian residence permit can be issued.
For How Many Years Can a Humanitarian Residence Permit Be Issued?
On the condition that it is limited to the periods determined by the Ministry and upon the approval of the General Directorate, humanitarian residence permits can be granted and extended by the governorates.
What are the Conditions of Humanitarian Residence Permit?
The conditions for granting other residence permits are not sought in humanitarian residence permits.
What are the reasons for Refusal, Cancellation or Non-Extension of Humanitarian Residence Permit?
On the condition that the approval of the Ministry is obtained, the humanitarian residence permit is canceled and not extended by the governorships when the conditions that make it compulsory to grant the permit no longer exist.
Other Issues Regarding Humanitarian Residence Permit
Foreigners who have obtained a humanitarian residence permit must register in the address registration system within twenty working days at the latest from the date of issuance of the permit.
People who have a humanitarian residence permit can apply for one of the other residence permits that they meet, with the exception of the long-term residence permit, within the duration of this permit.
The periods spent with a humanitarian residence permit are not taken into account in the collection of residence permit periods stipulated in the Law.